HOW TO CLEAN AND RESEASON CAST IRON
Cast iron is not only non-stick by nature but it’s also long lasting and holds heat quite well. Since it heats the oil consistently and evenly, it’s the best option to use when frying food.Here is how to do this.
1. Look for some beautiful pieces of cast iron
2. Using hot soapy water, wash them. However, if they are rusty you can use a steel wool pad to rub them before rinsing them with towels.
3. Using a paper towel, coat the inside and outside with vegetable oil.
4. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and place it upside down. To catch any oil drips, you can line the bottom with foil and then let the pan stay there for one hour.
5. After 1 hour, leave the pan on the warm oven until it has cooled down.
6. You now have a clean seasoned cast iron that is ready to use.
Go ahead and take a look.